Jesus the Teacher
Who is the Teacher, why should we listen to Him and why should we follow Him?
Learn about all of this and more at January kids camp 2024!
We have so many awesome and fun activities for everyone to enjoy, including some of the classics like the giant waterslide and kayaks plus team challenges, arts and craft, creativity, competition and so much more!
We are really excited to see you at camp and we know it’s going to be epic, with activities to suit everyone.
Registrations are limited so don't leave it too late!
January kids camp leaders ages 13+ dates: 10th to 14th January
Leaders Arrival Time: 4PM Wednesday
(Pickups from 3:30pm – limited rides available from Whangarei city area)
Leaders Departure Time: 4pm Sunday
How to apply:
YOUR APPLICATION CAN NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL THE BELOW STEPS ARE COMPLETE
1. Complete online registration form below
If circumstances change after you've completed the form, please let us know so your spot can go to someone else on the waiting list.
2. If not completed within the last year, please send to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com:
A 1/2-1 page testimony (tell us about where you are at on your faith journey - what God has done and is doing in your life)
A short explanation for why you would like to come to camp
A few thoughts around what the term 'servant leadership' means and looks like to you
3. If you have never been a leader at HOLYground before, please download the First Time Leaders Referee Form from the website, ask a youth leader/pastor/teacher/employer to complete, and return to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com
4. Only if 18+!!! Most important: If you have not done so in the past 3 years for HOLYground, you will need to complete section 2 and 3 of a police check form, and email it to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com. You will also need to complete verification of identity as described in the form (bring photo ID to camp). Please note these checks can take several weeks to process, and you can't come unless the result is through, so apply early!!!!
We reserve the right to decline any applicants who do not submit required documentation with sufficient time for reference and police checks to be completed prior to camp.
5. Approach someone to be your prayer partner (someone who will pray for you while you serve at camp – other than your parents!)
A registration confirmation email will be sent to the address provided to acknowledge if you have been accepted to lead at camp or not - please follow up if you haven't heard from us within a week. Please know that leadership positions at camp are limited, and not simply on a first-in first-served basis, although early applications are very much appreciated!!
How much does it cost?
$80 per person.
Sadly our contract with Break-Away School Holiday Program has come to an end, so we are no longer receiving any external funding to run our camps. Because of this we now must charge for camps, however, in recognition of the financial pressures many families are currently facing, if the cost of camp is a barrier to coming to camp, please let us know. We have several sponsored places at camp that we would love to fill.
If you would like to sponsor another person to come to camp please follow the link HERE to our donations page.
Payment details will be sent to you once your place at camp is confirmed.
What should you bring to camp?
- Old clothes including something warm
- Old closed-in shoes (for health and safety in the kitchen and in the bush)
- Footwear to protect your feet while on the beach
- Sleeping bag or blankets, sheet, pillow (mattresses are provided)
- Sunhat and towel
- Togs– Please bring both shorts and a shirt for water sports (both girls AND guys).
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste), any required medication (with instructions for use)
- Bible if you have one
- Baking for the kitchen (nothing with nuts please)
Please label your stuff - it makes it much easier to work out whose is whose if things get mixed up!!
While we try to cater for a range of dietary needs, it is very helpful if those with particularly restrictive requirements are able to support our hard-working cooks by supplying some of their own food. Please indicate any dietary needs at registration, and if these are complex we will give you a call to discuss the planned menu.
Need a ride?
If you are unable to get transport to/from camp, our volunteers may be able to pick up /drop off a limited number of campers from within Whangarei city. Please indicate on the registration form if you need transport, and be ready at the address provided from 3pm. Please advise us if no longer needing a ride to save a wasted trip.
Contacting us or your young person during camp:
Please be aware that the camp email account may not be regularly checked during camp, but we will let you know the camp contact number once your young person has been accepted to attend camp, incase you need to get hold of them or a staff member while camp is underway.
We need your help to make our camp a friendly and safe ‘haven’ that’s fun for all of us!!! At camp we aim for there to be no swearing, bullying, fighting, name-calling, threatening, stealing or lying. Please leave bad attitudes, expensive or electronic equipment (phones, ipads, electronic games, cameras), money, and junk food all at home – we can’t take responsibility for them if they go missing. You will survive without them for a few days! Also, while it goes without saying, please don't bring knives or weapons, drugs, alcohol, vapes, cigarettes or lighters/matches of any sort to camp.
Please speak with a leader if you have any worries during camp. Please be aware that anyone who is impacting negatively on others’ experience may be asked to return home.
Want to find out more?
Email us at NEMHOLYground@gmail.com
To register, please apply below!
Email confirmation will be made within a few days of receiving your application.
If circumstances change after you've registered, please let us know so your spot can go to someone else on the waiting list.