December Youth camp registrations are open!
Foundation youth camp is a place for young people to take space together to explore their foundations - are they standing on the rock that is Jesus? What are they building their lives on?
Jesus says "a person who hears these words of mine and does them is like a wise person who builds their house on rock, The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."
Come as we look together as we explore together some key aspects of who each of us are, some including:
- Foundations of communication - how to understand, argue & discuss well in order to know and be known
- Testimony - sharing your story, and bearing witness to God at work in your life
December youth Camp 2023:
register here to be a leader (ages 18+)
dates: thursday 14th December - Monday 18th December
Arrival Time: 5:00pm Thursday 14th
(Pickups from 4pm – limited rides available from Whangarei city area)
Departure Time: 8pm Monday 18th
After a debrief and dinner
These camps are run by our amazing team of volunteer leaders. As Christians, we believe in sharing God's love with the world. One of the things that this means for our amazing camp team is blessing the children and families of Northland with a loving, safe and exciting camp space out at Parua Bay.
What does being a leader mean?
HOLYground youth camps are aimed to be a space where youth aged 13-17 can hear and experience the gospel and love of Jesus, and be encouraged, equipped and discipled in their faith, relationship with God and in general life.
To lead at HOLYground Youth camps you need to be 18 or older, a Christian, love God and be willing to lead a team of 13-17 year old's with love, patience, care and servant leadership. We don't expect you be perfect but we do expect you to be genuine, and here for the youth.
If this sounds like you please apply now! We'd love you to join us!
How much does it cost?
80 per person.
Sadly our contract with Break-Away School Holiday Program has come to an end, so we are no longer receiving any external funding to run our camps.
Because of this we now must charge for camps, however, in recognition of the financial pressures many families are currently facing, if the cost of camp is a barrier to coming to camp, please let us know. We have several sponsored places at camp that we would love to fill.
Payment details will be sent to you once your place at camp is confirmed.
What should you bring to camp?
- Old clothes including something warm
- Old closed-in shoes (for health and safety in the kitchen and in the bush)
- Footwear to protect your feet while on the beach
- Sleeping bag or blankets, sheet, pillow (mattresses are provided)
- Sunhat and towel
-Togs– Please bring both shorts and a shirt for water sports (both girls AND guys).
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste), any required medication (with instructions for use)
- Bible if you have one
- Baking for the kitchen
- Ugly Christmas sweater for an Ugly sweater competition
- Costume for the Murder mystery night! (details to be confirmed)
Please label your stuff - it makes it much easier to work out whose is whose if things get mixed up!! Please leave behind phones/electronic devices/money/junk food/valuables.
While we try to cater for a range of dietary needs, it is very helpful if you have particularly restrictive requirements you are able to support our hard-working cooks by supplying some of your own food. Please indicate any dietary needs at registration, and if these are complex we will give you a call to discuss the planned menu.
We need your help to make our camp a friendly and safe ‘haven’ that’s fun for all of us!!! At camp we aim for there to be no swearing, bullying, fighting, name-calling, threatening, stealing or lying. Please leave bad attitudes, expensive or electronic equipment (phones, ipads, electronic games, cameras), money, and junk food all at home – we can’t take responsibility for them if they go missing. And as we expect the youth to follow these rues, we need to set a good example.
Also, while it goes without saying, please don't bring knives or weapons, drugs, alcohol, vapes, cigarettes or lighters/matches of any sort to camp.
Need a ride?
If you don't have any from of transport to/from camp, our volunteers may be able to pick up /drop off a limited number of attendees from within Whangarei city. Please indicate on the registration form if you need transport, and be ready at the address provided from 4pm. Please advise us if no longer needing a ride to save a wasted trip.
How to apply:
YOUR APPLICATION CAN NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL THE BELOW STEPS ARE COMPLETE
1. Complete online registration form below
If circumstances change after you've completed the form, please let us know so your spot can go to someone else on the waiting list.
2. Most important: If you have not done so in the past 3 years for HOLYground, you will need to complete section 2 and 3 of a police check form, and email it to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com. You will also need to complete verification of identity as described in the form (bring photo ID to camp). Please note these checks can take several weeks to process, and you can't come unless the result is through, so apply early!!!!
3. If not completed within the last year, please send to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com:
A 1/2-1 page testimony (tell us about where you are at on your faith journey - what God has done and is doing in your life)
A short explanation for why you would like to come to camp
A few thoughts around what the term 'servant leadership' means and looks like to you
4. If you have never been a leader at HOLYground before, please download the First Time Leaders Referee Form from the website, ask a youth leader/pastor/teacher/employer to complete, and return to NEMHOLYground@gmail.com
5. Approach someone to be your prayer partner (someone who will pray for you while you serve at camp – other than your parents!)
We reserve the right to decline any applicants who do not submit required documentation with sufficient time for reference and police checks to be completed prior to camp.
A registration confirmation email will be sent to the address provided to acknowledge if you have been accepted to lead at camp or not - please follow up if you haven't heard from us within a week. Please know that leadership positions at camp are limited, and not simply on a first-in first-served basis, although early applications are very much appreciated!!
Want to find out more?
To register your campers, please apply below!
Email confirmation will be made within a few days of receiving your application.
If circumstances change after you've registered, please let us know so your spot can go to someone else on the waiting list.